The weekender: Your questions answered.
Well, that was a little disappointing, dear readers. We gave you the opportunity to ask us a couple of questions, and we had one response. Well, if you missed the opportunity, you can always ask us in time for next week.
From Alex:
To both of you. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?
Sean: I'm really not up on dog breeds. I know little about them, as Mel is scared of them, so we don't really go near any. However, my grandparents used to have a dog, called Robbie, after the local Bobby (Bobby on the beat, policeman) who gave them the dog for some reason. Cant remember quite why. Anyway, I loved him to pieces. But he wasn't half a stupid dog. I remember once my dad threw him a stick, he ran, jumped, caught it end on in his mouth, and then landed on the ground other end of the stick first.... Ouch! He had to go to the vets for quite a while, and we were no longer allowed to throw him stuff, coz he would break his stitches.
Anyway, I loved that dog, but I have no idea what breed he was. Other than he was black. I like black dogs. Especially black "normal" dogs. I think I would be a Labrador, a black one (kinda goes without saying black again, but oh well, black blacketty black black black. I like black). A lab has about the right build, but I would have longer, more unkempt fur, and less intelligent eyes. And I would be very loving, and always wanting a stroke. Especially on my belly. No, lower. Lower. Yeah thats the spot....
Erm, yes. A lab. My answer is a lab.
Mel: Uh-hum... yes, well Sean's just wondered off, telling himself that he should stop waffling. As he mentioned, I'm not a big fan of dogs. Especially those of the big teeth and loud bark persuasion. If I could be any animal, the last species on the list would be 'dog'. In fact, I'd rather be a wolf. Is that cheating? Do I have to be a domestic breed? I'd like to be a wolf - a white one - running around the moors, stealing chickens and reeking havoc. I don't get much chance to reek havoc any more, so it'd be a chance to get back to my childhood days of causing trouble.
If we're talking about the breed that I most resemble, though, I guess I'd be one of the small ones. Not a Yorkshire terrier, though, I don't like them. I guess I'd be a general mongrel, loyal to her owner. The image of "Dog" from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's "Good Omens" comes to mind. Yes, that'd be right. Small and loyal on the outside, but hell-hound on the inside. He he he, that'd be fun.
Image found on flickr


4 comments:
would you ever invite me ... ( a fellow blooger who shares yr interests ) over to have a threesome with you all ?
Good question... something we'll muse over next weekend, I'm sure.
Ah! We are kindred spirits indeed. I was asked that question once and came up with the very same answer, Wolf!
And above our bed? Three Iberian wolves, that Suze bought me for valentines day the first year we were living together.
So no, that's definitely not cheating :D
And due to some incredible oversight I noticed you were not on our sidebar. That haenous mistake has now been rectified.
Deb: Another good one to throw into the mix, thanks. This one requires some thinking, though...
Alex: *gasp* Thanks for adding us (in the end! hehe) I'm glad we saw to your thurst of knowledge :)
Post a Comment