Thursday, June 08, 2006

Biology is fun!

Here I am revising for my last exam**. Most of those text books are mine rather than the library's. If you have a closer look you'll see they're all to do with human biology or organic chemistry. Fun, fun, fun! My last exam is tomorrow and I'm dreading sitting in the blistering exam hall. I know I'm being oh-so-British when I say it, but it's just too damned hot! I know, I know, why complain? The weather's lovely! Well, the truth is it ISN'T lovely. It's hot and humid and sticky - it's 100% humidity here - and we both feel like doing nothing. Which isn't good 'cos I really do need to revise. I even had a sleep this afternoon without meaning to.

Anyway, you're here for the sex, right? I've had a hard time of it lately trying to convince Sean he wants to have sex whilst it's so humid. Last night, though, he stayed round and we had some fun. He stayed the night, and I don't think he's going to again because of the humidity. It was no bed clothes and no sheets all round, though this morning I woke up with the sheets pulled up round my chin. I think it's some kind of security thing.

On a completely different subject, one that I've be meaning to get around to... MasterABD wrote a post some time ago about youth in the BDSM lifestyle. As a younger 'lifestyler' himself, he makes a few valid points about being under the age of 30 and starting out in the lifestyle. Particularly; he states that many older people either expect younger kinksters to 'prove themselves' to gain respect, not "be involved" but just 'experiment', or us youngins are just out-right ignored. Whilst I can see where he's coming from, I also beg to differ*. Through writing this blog (which celebrates its 6 month birthday tomorrow, btw), we have met a whole host of new friends, all of whom are at least 5 (most 10) years older than us. Orchid & Spadix, Alex & Suze, Padme and MasterABD himself are people I now 'stalk' on a daily basis. And whist all of you I have just mentioned are married (or have been married) and are over 5 years older than us (I'm not rubbing it in, I promise), I get just as much respect from you guys as I do from friends my own age. And for that I want to thank you all (and those I haven't mentioned) and also for being so welcoming to us. It's great to recieve so much positive feedback from our readers and to make new friendships along the way.

* Most of MasterABD's post deals with offline issues, such as a lack of respect at conventions. We haven't ever been to one so I cannot really comment on that side of the post. Really, at the end of the day, there is a small voice inside that says "We're too young for this" and until that voice goes, we won't be going to a convention any time soon.

** Image removed

Technorati Tags: , , ,

7 comments:

Suze said...

Mel, lovely intellectual shot but you should really have your head elsewhere.

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

Leesa said...

Neat shot ;) HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Love your HNT photo, mel. :) *big smiles* I was 25 years old when I started the bdsm lifestyle. There are many young people who are into the bdsm but I personally don't know too many of them. Great blog post.
BIG HUGS
~padme

Rebecca said...

Well done Mel...so wonderfully creative too!!

Best of luck!

HHNT!

Shumpy said...

awesome shot. makes me want to hit the books again...

blogger sucked all day.

Anonymous said...

Love this pic! Of course, find me a pic of yours that I don't like...

Why wouldn't you be accorded with as much respect as anyone else? It's not like you're five year-olds playing doctor or something. Sure, I imagine you both have a lot to learn, but don't we all, at any age? I do, even at the wizened age of 34. ; P

Anonymous said...

Mel,

I do agree there are a lot of bloggers who are not judgemental. Truth be known these people are used to reading about the intamite details of anothers life and they are more open and willing to accept things in all aspects.

At the same time however there are only a small handfull of bloggers in compairison to the numbers of lifestylers.

By the way, who says were here for the sex? I like knowing about your life just as much as your sex life!!