Sex is better when...
"Yes, sex will get better, but only when you stop doing it with him."
I couldn't believe it when I read the last article in a magazine I had brought a while ago. On the cover it boasted of "30 love lessons to live by" and "Ditch the dating rules, fix your relationship", but on the back page I found an article telling anyone who read it that we're all better off single. Or at least, our sex lives get better when we are not in a relationship that we've been in for over two years. It tells me, "nothing beats fresh flesh", "I feel sexier single", "My coupled-up friends don't get as excited about buying a new sparkly top"... I should break up with my boy-friend so I can get more excited about sparkly items of clothing? No thank-you. Maybe I'm a little more reserved than I should be, judging by page 196 of February's Cosmopolitan, at least.
Wait. Me more reserved than the average 20-something British woman? Hang-on. I'm the one running the S&M Sex Blog here. And it's all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Sean, who suggested running it in the first place. My boyfriend, who I've been with for the last six and a half years. Looking further into the article, it tells me about a bloke who's girlfriend is a "lad's mag fantasy - tiny waist, big breasts, gorgeous". It tells me he thinks his sex life is disastrous because he loves her so much he can only be gentle and caring in bed. It goes on to say that that's "hardly the height of passion". Perhaps the magazine should suggest that couples who feel like that should turn to some light BDSM. That's what helped to bring the sparkle back to our relationship. Suddenly we were able to talk to each other about our sex life, and we were able to indulge each other in what we wanted. Rather than saying we should look elsewhere for new, fantastic sex, the mag should say "bring out the handcuffs". But maybe that's just my opinion.
On to another subject. I have a little announcement to make. Sean and I have been discussing this for a while, and we'd like your opinion before I put in a whole lot of work into a new project. Being broke is a fact of student life. Sean's alright for money; he has a lot of savings. I don't. I get a £3000 student loan each year, paid in three installments. None of those installments are paid over the summer, and last [academic] year, almost all of my loan went on accommodation. This year, as I am renting during the summer (and paying for it monthly rather than quarterly), I am left with very little money. Factor in that I am already £500 overdrawn, and my loan doesn't come in until October, and no-one seems to want to employ me... I am rather broke. I'm not here begging for money. I've seen other bloggers do it, and all they say is "I'm poor, give me money" and put up a little donate button for you to click. Rather than beg for money, I thought I might start a project. You'd enjoy it, I think.
What I am proposing to is set up a new site. This site will act as a "story archive", where I will make regular story postings. At the moment my idea is to post a chapter a week in a blog format. I will then give the option for you, the reader, to purchase the next chapter a week early for a nominal fee. It'd be in the style of an "e-book" (it'll be sent to your inbox, ready to read when you want it). There will also be the complete story for sale, with photos. This would of course depend heavily on whether I get my act together and actually do the work. So I'd like to know what you all think. Would you be interested? Please leave a comment and tell us if it's worth doing. Cheers.


No comments:
Post a Comment