Monday, June 05, 2006

Shamelessly brief

Another shameless brief post for you, dear readers. It should add to the last meme I did and give you even more of an insight into who I am and our relationship history. I'm currently spinning the beginnings of new stories in my head, but I haven't thought of one that stands out yet. I'm sure I'll tell you when I think of one and when my exams are over - I had one this morning and now I know that most of the learning and research I did for that module was for nothing. The exam tested me on the one bit of the module I didn't know so well and I totally sucked. Not in the good way either. So I'm doing this to cheer me up before my job interview this afternoon. Stolen from Padme, of Journey to the Darkside




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accent: Can I say "Southern England" without the Americans thinking cockney?
Booze: vodka or peach schnapps with lemonade. (50p at the dungeon!)
Chore I Hate: any kind of cleaning. Also, does homework count?
Dogs/Cats: The family have a cat. Apparently she misses me now I've moved to halls.
Essential Electronics: PC & MP3 player
Favorite Perfume/Cologne: I like J'adore by Christian Dior, and also Clinque's Happy Heart
Gold/Silver: Silver.
Insomnia: Had it from the age of 12 through to my GCSEs. It comes and goes, depending upon if it's exam time or not. (For example, last night I didn't sleep until 12:30am and woke up at 5am. Great.)
Job Title: Is "student" a job title? If it is, then I want to know where to get the pay check.
Kids: yes please. But no, I don't have any
Living Arrangements: I share a flat with 6 others in student halls. Next month I am moving in with Sean.
Most Admired Trait: I have often been told I'm a good listener.
Number of Sexual Partners: Just one.
Overnight Hospital Stays: None, and I fear the day that I'll have to go to hospital
Phobia: Cows. Dogs. Flying insects. And, recently, spiders.
Quote: "Yes. I think you have rabies too." From a sponsoring ad of House. With glove puppets. That's why today's image is a Spontex glove. If you've seen the ads, you know what I'm on about.
Religion: I share beliefs with both Christians and Pagans. I'm trying desperately to resolve this.
Siblings: 2, both younger brothers.
Time I usually wake up: Apparently, anytime between 5am and 9am.
Unusual talents: Hmm... I've been pondering this one for five minutes already and I can't think of one. An unusual talent for feeling deeply pessimistic around exams? Does that count?
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Cooked mushrooms. Ick. Tomatoes, though they don't count (I suppose)
Worst Habit: I'm a die-hard thumb sucker. And I guess pessimism is a habit too, right?
X-Rays: I had one of my thumb when I was a kid and squashed it in one of those huge doors at the shopping malls. The nurse drew a cat on the plaster, and I forever asked my mum to draw pictures on my plasters from then on.
Yummy Foods I Make: Chocolate brownies. Roast potatoes.
Zodiac Sign: Virgo.


Well, that's it. *looks above* Hmm. I wonder what happened to H?

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOST pagan (neopagan) beliefs are actually

philosophies not religions and both a religion

and a philosophy can intertwined.

Example: A common celtic belief is One god with

many faces (which are each identified as either

god or diety).

This can easily work right into christianity

because its not actually a belief in many gods,

but 1 god and many faces.

Also might I point out, Christianity actually

allows you to worship other gods and in fact

doesn't say paganism is not real. The bible

simpily states "you shall worship no god before

me".

As such, none comes before the christian god, but

that doesn't mean you can't believe in and

worship other gods.

Oh and by the way being a die hard thumb sucker

isn't a bad habit, its just good practice :)

Anonymous said...

mel,
Thanks for doing the meme. I loved getting to know you a bit better. :) You make chocolate brownies? yummmmmy! I love brownies.
I hope you had a good weekend with sean...
BIG HUGS
~padme

Alex said...

Cor blimey we don't fink yewer cock-a-ney :)

Bet you can't wait to move in with Sean.

And I totally agree with you about roast spuds.