Kaotians hit UK news
Yesterday as I cooked dinner I had the radio on. It just happened to be the time of the day where every radio station plays the news. I ignored it for the most part, until I heard the words "sex slave". Hmmm, interesting. As I then carried on listening, it was explained to the British public that there was a bizarre cult in Northern England that based its theology on "some 1960's science-fiction novels." Hmm... I hadn't ever imagined that Gor would hit the headlines! Ah, but there was more to come. Not only had they kept a Canadian woman in the country against her will, but the 31 year old master was also using an 18 year old boy as a sex slave too. Shock! Horror! Not everyone keeps to the boring man-on-top-of-woman-only-with-the-lights-out sex!
After dinner Sean and I went hunting the news stories on the Internet, mostly out of curiosity. It turns out that the Canadian came over here after she talked to the master on the Internet. The 18 year old was actually a master in training. Oh how I love the British media. You can just imagine the talks the editors had before going on the air:
"There's an 18 year old boy involved as well."
"Great! Is he a slave too?"
"No, a master in training..."
"Nah, that won't work. He's now a slave. Get an interview with his dad. Get his dad to voice his concern about his son's 'kidnapping'."
"What about the Canadian? She burned her passport upon entering the country, you know."
"Great! Tell the public that the Canadian found them over the Internet, and now she's being held against her will. Get an interview with her concerned Canadian friend."
And so it goes on. Blown out of proportion. I love the media. The BBC have the article if you're interested.


2 comments:
The media, sensational? Distorting stories? Never :D
At the risk of alienating what I'm sure is a lovely part of the country ... Darlington of all places!
Actually it turns out that this guy is a bullshitter. All he has done is get some kid to back him up on his live action role playing fatasy world. There is no sex slaves. Its not really the media, its more him feeding them the crap when they should be realising it for what it is.
Post a Comment